What you’ll learn
- Create applications for both Mac, Windows & Linux
- Understand the near-entire Electron API in detail.
- Package Electron applications for distribution.
- Expand your existing skills beyond the browser & add an invaluable new skill to your resume.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Be comfortable with very basic usage of the command line (CLI)
- Basic understanding of Node.js
- Basic knowledge of Git (Recommended, but not required)
Go from Web Developer to Desktop Applications Developer by learning to use the entire Electron API from scratch.
This course is suitable for BOTH complete Electron beginners and existing Electron developers looking to advance to the next level.
- Learn to develop with Electron using the best tools
- Understand the different parts of Electron and how they work together
- Cover the near-entire Electron API, learning one module at a time
- Learn Electron features & techniques for using API modules together
- Put your new knowledge to practical use by building a detailed 8-step Electron project from scratch.
An invaluable skill for any Web Developer to expand their career opportunities.
This course will provide a very practical and concise approach to learning Electron from scratch.
You will be able to start building real-world desktop applications immediately.
Content and OverviewWith 45 concise and practical lectures, this course will provide a COMPLETE understanding of Electron and it’s full API.
- Basic command-line usage and an understanding of ES2015 (ES6) will be beneficial.
The course starts by setting up the Electron development environment and covers some useful tools to aid in the development process.
The main body of the course then covers the 3 individual sections of the Electron API in great detail, with very practical individual lessons on each API module.
Finally, you’ll build a real-world application that covers a large chunk of the Electron API in real-world scenarios.
Upon completion of this course, you will have the practical skills to immediately start building high-quality desktop applications for Mac, Windows & Linux.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for developers with a good understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS & JS, looking to start building native Desktop applications using their existing knowledge.
- The course covers almost every aspect of the Electron and is very comprehensive.
- Learn Dart Programming for Flutter – Course Drive
- Last updated 9/2019